Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Living Jewelry

I love jewelry! If I could, I’d wear a new pendant, ring, and pair of earrings every day! I know, fantasy land for most of us. But something caught my attention the other day and it stopped me in my tracks. Live plant jewelry…yep, real LIVE plants! Really?! So I take a gander, and you know what? It’s really cute. Especially the tiny jar terrariums.  The rings make me wonder how in the world do you keep from damaging the plant. What do you think?





If plants aren’t your cup-of-tea…how about Maquech brooches: LIVE BEETLES covered in small gems worn as jewelry. Ew, Ew, Ew!! They’re kinda cool looking, but…no, eeeww! These pet-cessories may seem shocking , but they're actually part of a centuries-old tradition that stems from the Mayans. When the artists glue small, colorful gems onto the bugs, they also frequently add bits of gold trim chain, attaching a clip that can be used to wear the beetle on clothing. Would you wear one?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hosted Desktops